Seiko Prospex 1970 Willard Re-Interpretation
1970 'Captain Willard' Re-Interpretation This watch was popular with American troops in the 1970s, famously worn in the ‘Apocalypse Now’ film by Martin Sheen playing the character Captain Willard and it was the first 'turtle'. A hardwearing, easy-to-read timepiece which looks very different from other dive watches. Modernised from the original version with high visibility dial layouts, increased power reserve to 70 hours and a smaller case size for even more comfort. Black dial and bezel. Seiko Prospex watches are designed for sports lovers and adventure seekers in the water, in the sky or on land.Since launching Japan’s first diver’s watch in 1965, Seiko’s innovative watchmaking has changed global dive watch standards.
Model Specification: SPB151J1
- Stainless steel case and bracelet. The case measures at 42.7 mm in diameter.
- The watch features a unidirectional bezel.
- A curved anti-reflective sapphire crystal protects the dial. .
- Luminescent hands and hour-markers.
- Water resistant to 200 metres or 20 bars.
- Features on the model include a date display and a stop seconds hand function.
- Movement type - Automatic
- Calibre - 6R35